The Sexual Violence Law Center (SVLC) attorneys provide holistic, trauma-informed legal assistance to victims of sexual violence in a wide variety of legal matters, including protection orders, immigration, employment, public benefits, Title IX, housing, crime victim rights and more. We also provide technical assistance and trainings to advocates, attorneys, and judges working with victims of sexual violence.
- WashingtonLawHelp is an online legal resource library on several civil legal issues with how-to packets and legal information.
- Northwest Justice Project provides general legal assistance to eligible low-income families and individuals needing help with civil (non-criminal) legal problems in Washington state.
- Washington Pro Bono Council are volunteer lawyer programs throughout Washington state that provide free legal aid services to low-income individuals and families.
- If looking to hire a private attorney, the Washington State Bar Association provides a legal directory of all attorneys licensed in Washington.
- All court forms needed to file a protection order or any case in state courts can be found through the Washington Courts website
- Harborview Center for Trauma & Abuse provides trauma-specific evaluation and mental health treatment to survivors of sexual violence
- If needing mental health support immediately, please call 988 which is a behavioral health and suicide support line.
Support and Advocacy Services
Throughout Washington there are community-based programs that specialize in providing confidential services to victims of rape, sexual assault, child sexual abuse or to survivors of childhood sexual abuse. These programs are often called sexual assault programs or rape crisis centers:
- Washington Coalition of Sexual Assault Programs provides resources and trainings to sexual assault advocates around the state.
- Map of SA Advocacy Services around Washington State based on WCSAP’s list
- Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence provides resources and trainings to domestic violence advocates around the state.
Assisting or representing a survivor of sexual violence through a trauma-informed lens reduces a survivor being further victimized and retraumatized when engaging with different systems.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com for Technical Assistance.